If your kids are anything like mine, they are hungry twenty. four. seven. I mean, it's like they're in a constant state of growth-spurting (totally a word, btw).
So what's a mama to do with these hungry kiddos? FEED EM! I have to make sure to keep loads of nutritious, brain-fueling snacks on hand at all times to keep their little (or HUGE) appetites satisfied.
I get asked a lot what some healthy snack options are for kids, so I've laid out a bunch of our faves for you. I've included links to the brands' sites + discount codes on any that I have codes for, so be sure to take advantage of those!
ON THE GO:
- Amrita Bar Mini Bites (our favorite flavors are chocolate maca + dark chocolate quinoa)
- Bitsy's Brainfood Smart Crackers (code FITNCLEANMAMA for 15% off your first order)
- My Superfoods Super Hero Cookies (they also have bars, mini popcorn cakes, and bites that are ALL yummy!)
- The GFB Bites (perfect for us mamas when we need a quick bite, too; use code 20 for 20% off your first order)
- Wild Friends PB Packets (all of their flavors are AMAZING, but our top choices have to be Peanut/Cashew Super Butter, Almond/Cashew Super Butter, + Classic Creamy PB)
- Georgia Grinders On-the-Go Packs (these actually have more than one serving in them, so they're great for sharing; use code WHOLE30APPROVED for 30% off the entire site!)
- Target/Simply Balanced Granola Bars (great lower-sugar, gluten-free, cost effective option)
- Rx Bar Kids Bars (hands down, the chocolate chip is the winner - but mixed berry pulls in a close second! You can find these at Target now, too.)
- organic berries (I usually buy what's on sale to make it more cost effective)
- organic raspberries studded with Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (we ADORE these DF/GF/SF chocolate chips!)
- organic apple slices + Georgia Grinders nut butter (again, use the code WHOLE30APPROVED for 30% off their entire site) or Wild Friends nut butter
- Siggi's 4% vanilla yogurt (a lower sugar, protein packed option; you can find these on sale at Publix A LOT) + Michele's Granola (the chunks are REAL, y'all! )
- banana slices + nut butter (see above) + one or two Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Annie's cheese squares, cheddar bunnies, or graham cookies (you can usually find these at Target, and they literally go on sale every other week)
- Lesser Evil popcorn (ADDICTING! You can find this at most Publix and some Fresh Markets)
- organic grape tomatoes + hummus (we love Hummustirs and Hope Food, which you can find at Walmart and Publix)
- Siete Foods or Late July tortilla chips + salsa (my kids lurrrv some salsa - they get it honest! Siete isn't "cheap" but soooo good, so we ration those out; Late July is much more cost effective and can be found at Publix and Fresh Market)
- Kidz Shake protein "milkshakes" (simply protein powder mixed with organic milk + frothed up with a brother or the blender; use code JAYME for 15% off)
That's about it, mamas! I hope this helps give you a few ideas of healthy options for your littles - and yourself! Shoot, I eat just about everything on this list - except for the non-dairy-free stuff. I believe the saying "only feed your kids what you'd eat yourself" is 100% accurate, so there's only yummy, healthy, nutritious stuff happening over here!
**This is not a paid post/advertisement. All of the brands I have shared here are ones that we love and eat EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I just want to share the best of the best with you all, cause I kinda sorta love y'all!