Man, that’s a mouthful…but a yummy one!
I stumbled upon this recipe a few months ago and tweaked it a bit to meet my macronutrient needs.
It was love at first bite, y’all.
These are perfectly moist, chocolaty, not-too-banana-y (that’s a real word), packed with protein, and (wait for it) CLEAN! They also freeze very well, so you can make a double batch and pop a couple in the freezer for snacking on later. #score
Here’s the recipe for you all to enjoy…tell me these ingredients don’t look like they’d bake up into something amazical??
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN MUFFINS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 medium bananas (200g)
- 1 cup nut butter (200g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 packet/scoop (or 28g) Pretty Fit chocolate whey protein powder (or 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder (I used Better Body Foods LivFit organic)
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup/honey if you want it sweeter OR don't have very ripe bananas (since the riper the banana, the sweeter it is)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a bowl and pour into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray. Add chocolate chips (so they don’t all sink to the bottom). Cook for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Slather with more nut butter for extra ooey-gooey goodness.
**Use code JAYME20 for 20% off protein powder (or your entire order) at www.imprettyfit.com.
There you have it—muffin perfection! Happy baking, loves!