Well that's a mouthful.
But a delicious one. [wink wink]
These little gems are a play on my family's favorite "Energy Balls" (which you can find here). I just tweaked a few ratios, omitted some ingredients, and gave them a nice little boost of protein with Vital Proteins' brand spankin' new COCONUT COLLAGEN CREAMER. Oh yeah. It's just as amazing as it sounds.
They're super simple to make (think 5 min or less) and are perfect to pop in your mouth for some pre-workout fuel or just grab when you're in need of a sweet treat.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT COLLAGEN BALLS
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 25-35 min (including time in the freezer)
Servings: around 15
• 1 C rolled oats
• 1/2 C nut butter (I used 1/4 C @georgiagrinders creamy cashew butter + 1/4 C @eatnuttzo power fuel chocolate seed/nut butter)
• 3 scoops @vitalproteins COCONUT COLLAGEN CREAMER (their brand new product, which is AMAZING 🙌 They also have a vanilla and gingerbread flavor 🤤)
• 1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
• 2-3 splashes of @rebbl chocolate reishi drink (or you could use nut milk)
• 1/4 C @enjoylifefoods mini chocolate chips
Put everything but the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend on low/pulse until it forms a ball (adding in the splashes of liquid a little at a time as needed to help it along). Fold in the chocolate chips. Roll into balls (recipe makes about 15) and freeze for 20-30 min to help set. Store in fridge or freezer for easy snack-a-lackin’.
I've been busy working on some other yummy recipes lately, as well as some other interesting blog posts for you guys. My goal is to blog more frequently/routinely so I can share some of the mom tips, life hacks, workouts, and recipes with you all! So stay tuned!